
Jaw-Dropping Fuengirola Sea Views: Your Dream Escape Awaits!
Jaw-Dropping Fuengirola Sea Views: Your Dream Escape Awaits! – Or Does It? A Frankly Honest Review… With Added Rambles. (Warning: May Contain Enthusiasm and Undeniable Opinions)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious (and potentially slightly chaotic) world of Jaw-Dropping Fuengirola Sea Views: Your Dream Escape Awaits! I just spent a week there, and let me tell you, my head is still swimming with ocean vistas, questionable cocktail choices, and a whole lotta opinions. This isn't your typical sterile hotel review. This is real life. This is warts and all.
First Impressions: The Jaw-Dropping (Mostly) Achieved
The name? Well, it doesn't lie. The "Jaw-Dropping" part? Yep, nailed it. Seriously, the sea views? Stunning. I literally spent the first hour just standing on the terrace (yes, all rooms have them, thankfully!) slack-jawed, staring out at the Mediterranean. It's postcard-perfect. Like, seriously, I swear I saw a dolphin breach. Maybe. My brain may have been marinated in sangria by that point.
Accessibility: The Rollercoaster Ride Begins
Okay, let's be real, accessibility is always a crucial point. I saw some good and some… less good. Let's start with the positives, shall we? The elevator is a godsend, especially if you're on a higher floor (and trust me, you want to be on a high floor for those views!). Plus, the facilities for disabled guests are a thing. There's a definite effort.
Now for the less-than-ideal. While I didn't personally need it, I did notice the layout in some areas could be tricky for wheelchair users. I’m thinking of those charming, narrow pathways towards the pool with a view. Might require some creative navigation. I’m genuinely unsure about the exterior corridor stuff, maybe that is good? Need to know more.
Cleanliness and Safety: Mr. Miyagi Would Approve (Probably)
Right, this is important. In today's world, we’re all hyper-aware, right? And the "Jaw-Dropping" folks get this. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Bingo. They're taking it seriously. I saw them, with my own two eyes, diligently wiping down everything. And the hand sanitizer stations? Abundant. I mean, you could practically bathe in it, which, after a couple of questionable tapas, might not be a bad idea. I appreciated the room sanitization opt-out available option, nice to have the choice. And don't get me started on the safe dining setup – it made me feel way more comfortable. You might see “first aid kit”, good. Good to know.
The Room: My Tiny, Sea-Gazing Sanctuary (Mostly)
My digs? Alright, let's be honest. It was a standard room, but the sea view? Magic. Seriously. The blackout curtains were clutch for those lazy mornings (and afternoons…). They had air conditioning, thank goodness! I'm still not sure how good the soundproofing was, maybe I was just being a noise-blind tourist. The coffee/tea maker was essential for my daily caffeine fix. And the complimentary tea? A nice touch, even if I'm more of a coffee gal myself. The mini bar was tempting, but I was trying to be sensible (that lasted about 3 hours). The in-room safe box was useful for my passport and a few (okay, a lot of) euros. The desk wasn’t the most inspiring, and I'm pretty sure my “laptop workspace” did fall off the desk a time or two. Also, the slippers. The slippers people! Nice. I'm a slipper fan. I'm not getting into the separate shower/bathtub, just know they’re there. But the additional toilet would have helped.
Internet Access: The Great Wi-Fi War
Okay, let's talk internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Blessedly, yes. But the Internet access – wireless? Hmph. Mixed bag. Some days it was lightning-fast. Other days… well, let's just say it resembled a dial-up modem from the 90s. The Internet, Internet [LAN], and Internet services were available, for anyone needing more. So, if you're relying on it for work, maybe pack a backup plan (or a strong dose of patience). I did see Wi-Fi for special events, so they seem to be trying to handle this. The Xerox/fax in business center is there, too, if you must.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Waistline Wept
This is where things got interesting. Let’s get real about the food. I loved the breakfast [buffet]. Seriously, a breakfast buffet is my happy place. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order – I was in heaven. The Asian breakfast wasn’t my thing (too early for that kind of adventure), but the Western breakfast was on point. The coffee/tea in restaurant was good (vital!), and the desserts in restaurant were lethal. The poolside bar was my other home for the week, and I got into the happy hour scene. The bottle of water was greatly appreciated. I did have a salad in restaurant (needed to feel healthy at least once). The Snack bar saved me on a few occasions, but I didn't use the soup in restaurant.
I’m still unsure of whether I saw the Asian cuisine in restaurant, but I will admit I didn't use the alternative meal arrangement! If I did, I forgot.
But for actual dining? There are restaurants a go-go, including the vegetarian restaurant, which my friend loved! I ate at the a la carte in restaurant (good), and I saw lots of International cuisine in restaurant. The Room service [24-hour] was a godsend at 3 AM (don't ask…). The buffet in restaurant? See previous comments about my waistline.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: More Than Just Sunbathing (Though, Sunbathing is Excellent)
Alright, beyond the beach (which, duh, is amazing), there's plenty to keep you occupied. The swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, and the pool with view is, you guessed it, jaw-dropping. The gym/fitness center is basic, but gets the job done. Didn’t use the fitness center much, because sangria. The Spa is great if you're looking for pampering. I had a fantastic massage. Seriously, one of the best I've ever had. Worth every penny. The Body scrub, Body wrap, Sauna, Spa/sauna and Steamroom are all there.
The Fitness center is okay, but I felt like it needed some more umph. I did not see any Foot bath, but I didn't look, I admit.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Look, it's all about the details, right? And "Jaw-Dropping" mostly delivers. The concierge was super helpful (especially when I needed a taxi to the airport after a particularly enthusiastic evening). Daily housekeeping was a lifesaver (I make a mess). The laundry service was prompt and efficient. I’m not sure I saw the convenience store! The elevator is a must, as is the facilities for disabled guests, and the air conditioning in public area. Contactless check-in/out is smooth. The safe dining setup is excellent. I love the luggage storage!
For the Kids: (I Don't Have Any, So I Can Only Observe…)
While I don't have kids, I did see a few families around. The Family/child friendly atmosphere seemed spot on. I saw a Babysitting service option listed. I didn’t use the Kids meal! And there are some Kids facilities.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)
Airport transfer? Available, and worth it. Car park [free of charge]. Bless. Car park [on-site] too! Taxi service is readily available. I didn't see any Car power charging station and the Valet parking isn’t really a thing.
The Minor Stuff (Because, Let's Be Thorough)
The **Air
Escape to Paradise: Azabu Retreat & Spa, Byron Bay Awaits
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're heading to Fuengirola, Spain, for a SPECTACULAR SEA VIEW experience. And trust me, I've packed my anxieties right alongside my sunscreen.
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Panic (aka, "The Plane Ride of Doom")
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, look in the mirror, and silently judge the bags under my eyes. They're totally judging me back. Pack the last-minute things.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast - a desperate attempt to absorb enough caffeine to survive the airport. The airport is where dreams (of relaxing vacations) go to die, remember that.
- 9:00 AM: Arrive at the airport. Security is never my friend. I swear, I could set off the metal detector with a paperclip. Attempt to locate the departure gate that is always far away.
- 12:00 PM (ish): Finally on the plane! And for the love of all that is holy, let the crying baby next to me not be the soundtrack to my entire flight. (Spoiler alert: it might be).
- 2:00 PM (ish): Land in Málaga! Okay, deep breaths. Find the luggage? Check. The rental car? (Pray for me – I haven't driven manual in, like, a decade). If the car is broken or there is no car, no vacation.
- 3:00 PM: Drive to Fuengirola. The GPS lady is already judging my terrible driving skills. Is "a little lost" an acceptable opening line to the Spanish police?
- 4:00 PM: Arrive at the apartment, the Spectacular Sea View awaits! (Hopefully). Let's hope the elevator works, because my suitcase is heavier than my emotional baggage.
- 4:15 PM: The Spectacular Sea View is… well, it is a sea view. But more importantly, the air conditioning works! THANK GOD.
- 5:00 PM: Unpack. Immediately realize I overpacked. What was I thinking? Did I really need six pairs of sunglasses?
- 6:00 PM: Wandering around. Discovering the immediate area along the beach. It is beautiful! Get the first tapas and drink. This is what is all about!
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Try to order something in Spanish. Probably fail miserably. Embrace the awkwardness, it's part of the journey.
- 8:00 PM – BED: Sleep.
Day 2: Beach Bum and Tapas Triumphs (and a near-meltdown)
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee. Embrace the view.
- 10:00 AM: Beach time! Find a sunlounger, slather on the sunscreen (very important!), and attempt to relax. The sound of the waves is pure bliss… until a seagull attempts to steal my sandwich.
- 11:00 AM: The Great Beach Read Commence. Attempt to relax, to read, to do nothing and just be peaceful.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a chiringuito (beach bar). Seriously delicious seafood. (Or maybe it's the sun, or maybe I'm just really hungry).
- 1:00 PM: Naptime. My brain feels like a bag of wet sand.
- 3:00 PM: Walk along the beach. People watching. Admiring the beautiful people. Realizing that maybe I should start hitting the gym again.
- 4:00 PM: Tapas Tour! We're talking jamón ibérico, patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo – the whole shebang. I’m gonna eat the whole of Spain, one tapa at a time.
- 6:00 PM: The near-meltdown. The realization that I haven't checked my work email in 48 hours (massive wave of anxiety follows…).
- 7:00 PM: Deep breathing. Remember that I am on VACATION.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner (more tapas, because, why not?). Learn some Spanish.
- 9:00 PM: Stroll along the promenade. The air is balmy, the music is playing, and I'm actually… happy.
- 10:00 PM - BED: Sleep.
Day 3: A Day Trip of Disasters (and Delicious Paella)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast.
- 10:00 AM: Decide to take a day trip to Mijas! (Oh boy, this is going to be fun).
- 10:30 AM: Attempt to navigate the public transport.
- 12:00 PM: Mijas! It's gorgeous. White-washed buildings, winding streets, and donkeys! I can’t believe I got here.
- 12:30 PM: Wander around. Get lost. Ask for directions in my broken Spanish. Realize I’m terrible at asking for directions in any language.
- 1:00 PM: The view is amazing. The air is fresh. I'm loving it.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch. Finding a perfect spot at a small Spanish Restaurant.
- 3:00 PM: Paella time! This is real paella. The aroma alone could convince me to move here. It's so good.
- 4:00 PM: More wandering.
- 5:00 PM: Return to Fuengirola.
- 6:00 PM: Regroup.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner.
- 8:00 PM: Stargazing. The sky is SO CLEAR.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the apartment. Bed.
Day 4: Market Mayhem and Melancholy Moments
- 9:00 AM: Wake up.
- 10:00 AM: Explore the local market. The sights, the sounds, the smells! (And the crowds!)
- 11:00 AM: Bargain for something I probably don't need. Experience the thrill of the chase. Feel the satisfaction of a great deal.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the market.
- 1:00 PM: Reflection on the experience from the previous days.
- 2:00 PM: A walk along the beach.
- 3:00 PM: Realizing I'm leaving soon.
- 4:00 PM: Trying to capture the beauty.
- 5:00 PM: Dinner and drinks.
- 6:00 - BED: Sleep
Day 5: Departure and Déjà Vu
- 7:00 AM: Wake up with a groan. (Why does packing always feel like a betrayal?). Pack.
- 8:00 AM: Final breakfast with a view. Savor every last bite. Try to memorize every detail.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Realize I totally forgot to buy souvenirs. Panic.
- 10:00 AM: Quick souvenir hunt.
- 11:00 AM: The Drive to the airport.
- 12:00 PM: Return the car. (Pray it made it back in one piece).
- 1:00 PM: Airport security (again). Wonder how many times I can set off the metal detector before they ban me.
- 2:00 PM: Wait at the Gate.
- 3:00 PM: On the plane.
- 4:00 PM: Take off.
- 5:00 PM: Land.
- 6:00 PM - HOME: Back to reality. Sigh. Start planning the next trip.
This is just a rough outline, mind you. Expect delays, detours, and daily doses of deliciousness. Prepare for your emotional rollercoaster. This is what memories are made of! And who knows, maybe I'll even learn a few more Spanish phrases than "dos cervezas, por favor." ¡Hasta luego! (And hopefully, not too soon.)
Kremenchug Cozy Apartment: Hourly, Daily, or Monthly Stays!
Jaw-Dropping Fuengirola Sea Views: Your Dream Escape Awaits? (Or Does It?) - A Totally Unfiltered FAQ
Is the view *really* that amazing? The internet's full of perfect pictures...
What's the best time of year to visit for those killer sea views?
Are all the accommodations with sea views ridiculously expensive?
Is it easy to get around Fuengirola without a car?
What should I pack for a trip based around those amazing views?
Is there a "best" part of Fuengirola to stay for the views, or is it all pretty much the same?
What if the weather is bad? Does it still work?

